The Johnson family

Friday, October 03, 2008

School

Sammy's in 5th grade now and still loves school. Had our parent teacher conference the other day and the teachers could do nothing but brag about him (kind of like how I'm doing here). I am just so proud of that kid. He's getting either an A or an A+ in all his classes and they just love him to death. I'd still like to know who's child he is. I started hating school in about 3 grade and I don't think Jaime ever cared too much for school either. But he's doing such a great job and I hope he continues to have that attitude all through junior high and high school.

AJ, on the other hand, oh my goodness. Everything is a hassle with him. He hates school, he hates reading, he hates writing, and he especially hates spelling. Everything is just "stupid". Or it's too hard. Monday through Thursdays are nothing but a battle in this house after 3:00. It's getting really old and I am clueless what to do with him. And he's only in 2nd grade!!!! This is why I was really surprised at his parent teacher conference because she also had nothing but good things to say about AJ. He's doing better about not talking, he's getting A's and B's in most of his classes (except for LA, he's failing and that's because of his spelling words). But we've been working on that he's even doing better in spelling. I just don't understand why he has to act that way at home, but at school be the perfect student. Seriously......

Jacob and I spend the whole day together and have a ball. I should really start working with him on viewing his letters and numbers instead of just trying to get him to say them. He'll be starting pre-k next year and I'd like him to know his alphabet by sight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home