The Johnson family

Friday, October 03, 2008

Football

We signed the boys up for football this year. First time for both of them. It was a tad expensive and I was disappointed, yet relieved that Sammy quit after his second practice. That poor boy, I have never let them join any sports because I was selfish (hey, I can admit it) and didn't want to take them to their practices and/or games. And it never bothered me because it never bothered them. It wasn't like they were asking me if they could join, so I just let it go. That was where I made my mistake. Because of Sammy's grade and age, they put him in the senior league of tackle football. Sammy's like 4'3" and maybe 65 lbs. All these other kids were closer to 5' and taller and weighed a lot more. Sammy would come up to their shoulders and would just go flying whenever he got tackled. I was so proud of him and was very thrilled when the coach would even make a big deal how Sammy was the smallest kid out there but would just get right back up on his feet. But my baby (and he'll kill me if he ever reads that) didn't like it and I can't blame him one bit. I wouldn't have liked it either getting pummeled every day at practice. I just wish he would've stuck it out ONE game to see if the actual game was any better than practice. Oh well, live and learn, right? AJ, on the other hand.....is in senior flag football and is the 2nd biggest kid on his team. So why the coach doesn't put him on defense is beyond me. He only has practice 2 days a week and a game on Saturday, so it's not so bad. It's getting exciting now too, because they tied their first game and have one the next two so they're doing awesome this year. And with only one coach. That's pretty impressive. Jacob can't wait until next year because he thinks he'll get to play. We'll see....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home