The Johnson family

Monday, December 03, 2007

Thanksgiving

Can you see the snow? Look hard!!






We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We had our friend Dan and his daughter, Heather come over to watch the game and have dinner with us. Jaime cooked a turkey on the grill even though it "snowed". The boys got so excited because for about half an hour it snowed big huge flakes and we tried to take some pictures of it , but didn't turn out too well. I love living in Texas with my children. Every time it snows they act like it's the first time they've ever seen snow. But you can't blame them. It's not like back home in Iowa where once it starts snowing it doesn't stop until spring!! Dinner was a big hit even though I messed up the apple salad the first attempt. Before you even ask how you can mess up apple salad, let me tell you that in my family, you drain the pineapple juice, add an egg, sugar and flour to it, cook it till boiling, then put it in the fridge to cool down and add cool whip to it before mixing it with the fruit. See? It's always the cooking part that gets me in trouble. Which is why I thank God that I married a man who can do anything in the kitchen! Am I lucky or what?


1 Comments:

  • Lookin for snow in that pic was like a "Where's Waldo" pic! I had to laugh at you with the whole apple salad fiasco-only you, De, only you! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home