The Johnson family

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Poor AJ

This is what happens when two little boys are playing in the backyard with a shovel. I'm still not quite sure how it happened, but somehow, Sammy brought the shovel down on AJ's head. Ouch! But AJ was a champ about it. I think he only cried for 2 minutes. I myself, would still be crying if it had happened to me!! Of course this happens on a Sunday afternoon, so I took him over to Care Now, only to find out they'd closed 2 minutes before I got there. Next, I took him over to Cook Children's, but they didn't accept our insurance. Now, my poor baby needs stitches on this thing, but with our past experiences in emergency rooms around here, I didn't want to wait for 6 hours, so I figured Daddy and I could just apply butterflies to it until the next morning and he'll be okay. Look at him now. I took him today to the doctor and she said it looked fine, no infection and it's coming together real nice. First time she's ever complimented us on anything!! On the bad side, he's got strep and an ear infection. Looks like it's starting early this year. Put a prayer in for us that it's nothing like it was last year.


2 Comments:

  • OUCH!! The joy of boys!! Hope you don't start a string of strep throat infections. We have been there and I know it is no fun. Happy Thanksgiving!

    By Blogger Jenna, at 8:04 PM  

  • Hey-I will pray that we don't have a repeat of last year!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home