The Johnson family

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

AJ's 6th birthday

We celebrated AJ's 6th birthday on October 10. He was so excited; he got a new bike for his birthday. Jacob gave him a magic 8 ball and Sammy gave him 2 laser guns for them to play with. Plus, he received quite a few cards from family and of course money, so he went out and bought himself a remote control jeep. Even though we didn't have a big party for him this year, I think he had a good birthday. We love you AJ!!
Every time I see AJ with a birthday cake now, it reminds me of the year he turned 3. His daddy and I got married that year and it was utter chaos!! My mom, sister, best friend, niece and her family all came down for the wedding. My birthday is October 7, then my mom and niece's son have birthdays on October 9, AJ's is October 10, and Jaime and I got married October 11. I was such a mess before the wedding that it didn't even dawn on me that we'd have enough cake from the wedding, that I didn't need to make a cake for AJ and my nephew Austen. All I could think was that it isn't right not having cake on your birthday, so I made one for each of them.
I'm not sure if anyone who stayed with us that weekend has even touched cake since then they were so sick of it!!

1 Comments:

  • Happy Birthday, AJ! (little late.....)
    I could NEVER be sick of cake. hee hee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home