The Johnson family

Monday, June 19, 2006

AJ

AJ in his brother's room on the game cube.

This is what happens when I ask AJ if he'll smile for the camera. What a ham. He is so funny. Clever too. For those of you who don't know, AJ has a hard time saying certain letters and has been in speech class for the past 2 years. It has helped him tremendously because before he even went in there, all he could say was momma and dadda. Now, you can't get him to shut up, which is par for the course for any child learning to talk, but AJ has a few years to catch up on and I think he knows it! Anyway, when he was about 3 1/2 years old, he couldn't say Sammy. For some reason, he got it in his head to call him "Ha". He'd come into the room and say "Where's Ha?" Then Sammy would walk in and AJ would say "Oh hi, Ha". It was just the cutest thing. Wish we would've gotten it on film. These days, he can more or less say Sammy, but it still comes out more like Tammy. He has a lot of trouble with his F's and S's and substitutes them with T's. So this morning, poor boy, he wanted Frosted Flakes for breakfast. He comes up and asks if he can have "trosted tlakes". I told him he knows how to make the F sound so he needed to try and say it again. This time it came out like Ftrosted Ftlakes. I kept trying to get him to say it right and he finally goes "Can I just have some cereal?" I thought I would die laughing, but then of course I had to go comfort him because he thought I was laughing AT him. Which I was, but not in the way he was thinking. I was just so proud of the way he thought of a different word for what he wanted to say. Clever, huh?

1 Comments:

  • I am glad that speech class has worked for AJ. It's amazing when they drop little clever things on you like that.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home