The Johnson family

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Bad Blogger

I am such a horrible blogger! Update on our lives. We bought a house back in January (actually signed the papers on Jacob's 2nd birthday) and started moving in the middle of February. Which, by the way, was also when I took over as manager at my store. Since then I've been working 6 days a week and too tired to do anything (including blogging). My babysitter was an absolute gem! Even when my children were sick, she would still watch them so I wouldn't have to worry about trying to find a replacement at the last minute and then making up the hours I missed. (Gotta love salaried jobs, huh?!) Well, the middle of August, my babysitter got a job as a teacher and had to quit her daycare. And.....since there was no daycare that would still take any of my boys when they were sick, and I didn't have the reliable help I needed to cover my shifts when they DID get sick, I had to step down as manager. Now I'm home all the time and going absolutely crazy. I really didn't care for this extra long summer! BUT.....the boys are doing great. Sammy's in 4th grade now and going to be 10 in February. He is loving school and the teachers say he's a joy to have in class and one of the top students. I believe one of those. AJ is in 1st grade and will be 7 in October. He is doing so much better than we could ever have hoped for and we are so proud of him with his reading. He had an excellent kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Weaver who was to AJ what Mrs. Kelly was to Sammy. I thank God every day for the wonderful teachers my children have gotten. We are truly blessed. Jacob, well, what can I say about Jacob? He's an absolute holy terror who destroys everything he touches, can make a mess in less than 2.5 seconds and if he's not in your sight for more than 5 minutes, you can bet you're going to get upset! But he's so cute and sweet when he knows he's in trouble, it's hard to stay mad. He really is the clone of AJ is all I can say. Anyway, will post some pictures and hopefully get back on track soon!

2 Comments:

  • I thought you had given up on blogging! Can't wait to see the pictures! My boys had to change schools because they built a new school and our neighborhood got rezoned for the new school. Did your boys change schools with the move? Glad to hear from you!

    By Blogger Jenna, at 11:01 PM  

  • No, they didn't have to change. We actually moved back over to the street we lived on when Sammy was in kindergarten (Stillwater). Now we can watch them walk to school and I love it a lot more than trying to fight that morning traffic!!

    By Blogger Devona, at 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home