The Johnson family

Saturday, January 05, 2008

Merry Kitmesssh and Happy ??? yeeeeaaahr

That is as close as I can get to writing how Jacob says Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. And it took forever to figure out what he was saying! The kid cracks me up. Of course, if he hears and repeats a bad word, you have NO problem understanding what he says! Once again, we weren't able to go back to Iowa for Christmas and had to spend it at home. The boys didn't seem to mind it, but I grew up every year spending Christmas with grandparents, all my aunts, uncles and cousins on my mom's side and I really want that for my children. Those were the best memories I have growing up and it was always so much fun. So it makes it hard for me when we don't get to spend the holidays with my family. I tried to make it a happy one though, but I just don't think that's possible any more in this family.

As always, the kids were allowed to open one present Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas Day. Here's Sammy with his present (Nerf Darts) which he has since either lost the darts or Jacob's ruined them.


Here's Jacob with his present (thank you Grandma Pat!) A learning game of numbers and pictures and the other one is a learning game of the alphabet. We started working on the alphabet one and soon will start the number one.


Here's AJ with his present. Perfection. (thank you Grandma Pat!) He's not sure about it though. He gets frustrated so easily anyway, and this game doesn't help. All of us sat there that night trying to get all the shapes in their right places before the timer went off and I was the only one who was able to do it. Of course, it took me 5 tries, but I did it! I was quite proud of myself too, because when I was growing up, I (stress I) hated that game! The first time he gets it done right though, he's going to love it.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home